Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Job Wheel

I LOVE this job wheel we have been using for my 3 boys (ages 8, 12, 14)!!
I got the idea from my good friend (thanks Sheree!) who got the idea from her good friend (thanks Amy)...you know how it goes. Gotta love the mom network.

Anyway, the way I use it is super SIMPLE for us.
Each boy is given 2 jobs and we turn the wheel each week on Saturdays. The goal is for them to be done daily BEFORE any 'screen time', but sometimes life gets in the way. I am flexible. However, these are their paid jobs and they get a weekly allowance paid on Fridays. If the jobs are not done for the week, then no pay.
They each also have general jobs just for being part of the family that they do NOT get paid for. These include, laundry, cleaning rooms, toy pick up, yard work and any other extras dad or I ask them. Our motto "we are a family of five and we ALL pitch in!"



Here is a tutorial on how to make one for your kiddos...




1. Select Paper

2. Cut and Glue 3. Trace and Cut the 'wheel'

3. Label....my hubby gave me mine for Christmas and I use it all the time.
4. Tack on to the Bulletin Board....the little wheel will be able to turn.

You can tailor the jobs to work for your kids, but I really do love this! I have used many different charts, but it was way too hard for me to keep up with the check marks and/or stickers.

Hope this helps someone else too!

Have a Blessed Day!
Claire






I am linking to...








Chic on a Shoestring Decorating







No comments:

Post a Comment